How to be part of The Adastra Foundation
Please note the following guidelines before submitting an application:
- Awards are available to athletes, musicians and performing artists.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate financial hardship and their need for funding.
- Candidates should generally be senior secondary school students in the year of holding the scholarship, with some exceptions.
- Candidates must be New Zealand citizens
- Candidates must be resident in the Waikato/BOP region
- Candidates must be representing a Waikato/BOP club (if relevant).
- Candidates should generally not hold a similar scholarship that offers cash as well as a personal development programme.
- For applicants that have received scholarships in past years, consideration is given to previous engagement in the programme.
*The trustees reserve the right to award scholarships to candidates who fall outside these criteria.
- Studying NCEA music or dance or the holder of any recognised music qualification(s)?
- Planning on enrolling in a tertiary institution to study music or performing arts?
- Considered to have the potential or to be amongst the best in your chosen area of music or performing arts?
While NCEA curriculum achievement in music will be noted, more emphasis will be placed on involvement and success in the co-curricular programmes such as Smokefreerockquest, Play It Strange, Pacifica Beats, Battle of the Bands, Lexus Song Quest and the like.
2024 Adastra Programme
- From $1000 per Scholarship
- Mentoring Workshops
- Personal Development opportunities
Applications for our 2024 Scholarships
will open on 1st September and close
on 29th September 2023.
- A leading sportsperson in your discipline?
- Winning national titles?
- Demonstrating outstanding dedication and positive attitude towards achieving goals?
- Committed to your chosen sport with clear long term goals?
In the application process you will be asked for the following information:
- Most recent and relevant results, achievements and qualifications
- Short-term and long-term goals
- 2 References with contact details
- Bank account number
- A short bio (300 words) about yourself.
- A high-resolution action photograph (JPEG). You should be the main subject of the photo, and the photo should not display any watermarks.
- If you’re under 18 years of age, you’ll need to get your parents/guardians to sign the online application.